« Threaded Comments Enabled
In what might be the biggest and the best of the improvements to HautePress, is the enabling of Blogger's threaded comment system. An example comment and comment reply shown in the image above.
« New-line Wrapping in PageList Widget
The preceeding screencapture illustrates how I have designed and coded the PageList widget to handle new-line wrapping. New-line wrapping will now neatly wrap additional line items in the PageList widget. In the earlier version of HautePress, new-lines would overlap, limiting the number of links to what could fit the width of given a browser.
**Important Note Regarding PageList Widget:
To rearrange order of items in the PageList widget, use the widget-edit icon on the actual live blog, do not use the Pages tab in the dashboard.
How to specifically: View your blog, and click the wrench icon located to the bottom right of the PageList widget to access items for reordering and rearranging. (Use the Pages tab as normal for the initial adding of pages or links, and editing of pages.)
« Post Sharing Buttons
Offical Twitter, StumbleUpon, Facebook, and G+ sharing buttons now in place. These buttons are located between
<!-- Social Share Buttons Start -->and
<!-- Social Share Buttons End -->of the 'widgets expanded' template code should you like to modify them.
« Additional Updates of Note:
- Replaced the previous image-dependent search feature with a new HTML and CSS only search feature, with Template Designer color options
- Fixed the header image settings for the Header widget. Adding a header image using the Header widget on the layouts tab is now much more efficient. Options for placing an image behind the title and description, and for using an image instead of the title and description are working, and the option to have description display after the image only requires one additional edit to the template code in order to display correctly, in the case that any editing is necessary at all.
- Organized and added new options to the Template editor for customizing fonts and colors
- Streamlined design and coding throughout along with subtle changes to (border sizes/colors and what not)
- Two new background image options available. (Did anyone notice the background difference?) To view the new backgrounds as well as the original visit the HautePress Photobucket album.
« Basic Template Features:
- "Responsive"/Fluid width, two columns, in either sidebar left/content right or sidebar right/content left orientations with a two column footer, all sections "widgetized" or "gadget-ready"
- Dynamic linkbar menu and PageList widget
- Supports Template Designer, "Advanced," font and color editing tools.
- Working immediately: background image included; however, users are advised to save and upload the image to their own server, as the bandwidth could potentially be exceeded in the future. Images can be downloaded or directly linked to from the HautePress Photobucket album.
- Title setup optimized and corrected for better SEO.*
- Wireframe setup for easy gadget/widget managing
- Threaded comments enabled with embedded comment form below post
- Functional image-less search box included
- Fancy fonts a la Google Font API
- Customized and easy to use "read more" feature using Blogger's "Jump Break" feature
- "Calendar Style" post date*
From Settings, select "Language and Formatting." For the "Date Header Format" choose "DD Month YYYY" style, (two digit day, name of month, four digit year with no commas) and then select "Save Settings." Be sure the format chosen has no commas, or else it will not display correctly.
Posts published on the same day will display a blank post date (just an empty grey box) because of the calendar style date set-up. At present there is no way around this (that I know of), so remember to select a different date with the "Post Options," if publishing multiple posts on the same day.
HautePress Version 2-1Sidebar Left/Content Right Orientation
View Demo | Download Template
HautePress Version 2-2Sidebar Right/Content Left Orientation
View Demo | Download Template
* Do not impose charges or a fee for these templates
* Do not add links and redistribute
* Modifications allowed so long as the link back is not removed
* Do not link directly to my files, but to my template posts to share
I hope you like the new and improved HautePress. Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts below, or if you need any assistance. More templates updates with threaded comments enabled coming soon, so stay tuned! ♥