This template features a post summary and thumbnail script, which can be customized further but does not require any editing and will be ready as is. Fonts and colors can be customized using Blogger's new Template Designer, under the "Advanced" category.
By Lauren Thompson
- 2 column fixed width layout, the second column allowing optional narrow-third column, all sections "widgetized" or "gadget-ready"
- 3 column footer, also "widgetized"
- Optional and customizable linkbars. Super easy to use and customize, details below.
- Supports Blogger Template Designer editing tools, easily change fonts and colors in practically all areas of the template by selecting the "Advanced" category
- Images included, you do not need to upload the images to your own server, they are stored in my photobucket.com account which allows generous direct linking bandwidth. However, users who have access to an image host are advised to download the images and upload them to their own server, as the bandwidth could potentially be exceeded in the future. Download the images from here. (Images are now also included in the zip download for convenience.)
- Title setup optimized and corrected for better SEO.
- Embedded comment form below post
- Functional search box included
- Wireframe setup for easy adding and removing gadgets
- Post Summary with Thumbnail script included, working immediatly upon uploading the template
- Templates are free to use in Blogger blogs, however, the link back to http://www.nymFont.com (usually located in the bottom footer) must not be removed.
- Do not redistribute this template for paid download.
- Do not add your own links to the template code and redistribute.
- Modifications to the template are allowed either through the Blogger Dashboard or directly in the code, however, the link back to Nymphont/NymFont (http://www.nymFont.com) still must remain intact and again, not be removed, thank you.
- Do not add your own links to the template code and re-distribute.
- If you are going to redistribute the template, you are not permitted to add your own links to the template.
- In addition, it is asked that you do not link directly to my files for the download, nor upload them to your own servers for download. Instead you must link back to my own page for the template, or simply to the index of this website, http://www.nymfont.com
- The terms and license for the template(s) must be stated and given whenever redistributing
This is non-negotiable. If you want to share or redistribute my templates, this is how it must be done. If you don't want to abide these terms, then you don't want to share or redistribute my templates.
Cutomizing Main LinkbarAdd your links to the main linkbar simply by clicking the "Design" tab from the Blogger Dashboard, in the "Page Elements," subcategory. From there, click on the widget labeled "Linkbar," to add your links. If you do not want to use the linkbar, simply leave this widget empty.
Additional DetailsIf you do have access to your own image host, you might want to host the images at your own server. To do so download the images here and replace image URL's in the code with the corresponding URL's at your server.
Images are also now included in the zip download for convenience. Feel free to contact me or leave a comment if you need assistance replacing the images.
Post Summary & Thumbnail ScriptThis script is included in the template and requires no editing. The script automatically creates a post summary (the first 325 characters of the post) and selects the first image used in a post as a thumbnail. As is the thumbnail is scaled to 200x200 pixels. If no images are included in the post, the script simply displays the first 475 characters of text.
If you would like to make changes to this, the scripts are located in the HTML at the end of the CSS styling just before the actual HTML of the layout begins and is pretty self-explanatory. If you need any assistance on this leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
I would love to get some feedback on this template! What do you think about Murmurs Drawn? I hope you like it!