Echo That Is Love template is soft, sweet and playful; and of course, not without the proper dose of pink. Speaking of colors, font colors and styles as well as other color options can be changed via the "Template Designer," within the "Advanced," subcategory right from the Blogger Dashboard.
By Lauren Thompson
- 2 column fixed width layout, all sections "widgetized" or "gadget-ready"
- 3 column footer, also gadget-ready/widgetized
- Optional and customizable menu/linkbar with "dynamic" highlighting of current page. Super easy to use and customize, details below.
- Supports Blogger Dashboard editing tools, easily change fonts and colors in practically all areas of the template via the "Template Designer," within the "Advanced" subcategory.
- Images included, you do not need to upload the images to your own server, they are stored in my photobucket.com account which allows generous direct linking bandwidth. However, users who have access to an image host are advised to download the images and upload them to their own server, as the bandwidth could potentially be exceeded in the future. Download the images from here. (Images are now also included in the zip download for convenience.)
- Title setup optimized and corrected for better SEO.
- Wireframe setup for easy gadget/widget managing
- Embedded comment form below post
- Functional search box included
- Fancy fonts a la Google Font API
- "Back to Top" link implemented
- "Calendar Style" post date
* Do not impose charges or a fee for these templates
* Do not add links and redistribute
* Modifications allowed so long as the link back is not removed
* Link to my template download posts, not my files to share
Customizing Top LinksThese links require no editing and will automatically reflect the data specific to your blog. Should you like to remove these or change them anyways, you will find them between these snippets of code
<!-- start top links edit links or remove if you wish -->
<!-- end top links -->
Customizing Menu LinkbarAdd your links to the main linkbar simply by clicking the "Design" tab from the Blogger Dashboard, within the "Page Elements" subcategory. From there click on on the widget labeled "Linkbar," to add your links. If you do not want to use the linkbar, simply leave this widget empty.
This menu features "dynamic highlighting" of the current page. If a menu link is the current page, that link in the menu is "highlighted" automatically. As in the demo page, when at the index or home page, the "Home" link is highlighted. Click on any link in the demonstration menu to see the "dynamic highlighting" in action.
Setting Up Calendar-Style Post DateHave no fear, I promise setting up the post date is easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. Go to Dashboard > Settings > Formatting. From the "Date Header Format" select "DD Month YYYY" style, (two digit day, name of month, four digit year with no commas) and then select "Save Settings." Be sure that you select the format with no commas, or else it will not display correctly.
Posts published on the same day will display a blank post date because of the calendar style date set-up. At present there is no way around this (that I know of), so remember to select a different date with the "Post Options," if publishing multiple posts on the same day. I have to do this myself with this blog actually.
Additional DetailsIf you do have access to your own image host, you might want to host the images at your own server. To do so download the images here and replace image URL's in the code with the corresponding URL's at your server.
Images are also now included in the zip download for convenience. Feel free to contact me or leave a comment if you need assistance replacing the images.
Please do feel free to share your thoughts on this template in a comment! If you need any assistance with this template, feel free to leave a comment below. I hope you like it!
Free Blogger Template: Solitude of HeartFree Blogger Template: Lucky StarBrat Princess Blogger TemplateFree Blogger Template: HillPointe