(The title "Pointe du Lac," for those who might not be aware, pays homage to a favorite author and novel, derived from Anne Rice's, "Interview with the Vampire.")
I hope others will agree, version 2 of Pointe du Lac improves upon the previous, in my opinion a make-over was necessary. Prominent changes to the template, would be the color scheme; version 2 utilizes a much more "upbeat," palette, and also the typography, which should more universally have a good aesthetic.
Out with the old and in with the new right? I hope you like.
By Lauren Thompson
- 2 column fixed width layout, the second column allowing optional narrow-third column, all sections "widgetized" or "gadget-ready"
- 3 column footer, also "widgetized"
- 2 Optional and customizable linkbars. Super easy to use and customize, details below.
- Supports Blogger Dashboard editing tools, easily change fonts and colors in practically all areas of the template
- Images included, you do not need to upload the images to your own server, they are stored in my photobucket.com account which allows generous direct linking bandwidth. However, users who have access to an image host are advised to download the images and upload them to their own server, as the bandwidth could potentially be exceeded in the future. Download the images from here. (Images are now also included in the zip download for convenience.)
- Title setup optimized and corrected for better SEO.
- Embedded comment form below post
- Functional search box included
- Wire-frame setup for easy adding and removing gadgets
- "Calendar Style" post date
- Templates are free to use in Blogger blogs, however, the link back to http://www.nymFont.com (usually located in the bottom footer) must not be removed.
- Do not redistribute this template for paid download.
- Do not add your own links to the template code and redistribute.
- Modifications to the template are allowed either through the Blogger Dashboard or directly in the code, however, the link back to Nymphont/NymFont (http://www.nymFont.com) still must remain intact and again, not be removed, thank you.
- Do not add your own links to the template code and re-distribute.
- If you are going to redistribute the template, you are not permitted to add your own links to the template.
- In addition, it is asked that you do not link directly to my files for the download, nor upload them to your own servers for download. Instead you must link back to my own page for the template, or simply to the index of this website, http://www.nymfont.com
- The terms and license for the template(s) must be stated and given whenever redistributing
This is non-negotiable. If you want to share or redistribute my templates, this is how it must be done. If you don't want to abide these terms, then you don't want to share or redistribute my templates.
Customizing Top LinkbarThese links require no editing and will automatically reflect the data specific to your blog. Should you like to remove these or change them anyways, you will find them between these snippets of code:
<!-- start top links -add up to 8 divs or change links or remove if you wish -->
<!-- end top links -->
Each link is simply placed within
<div></div>tags. You can modify and replace the existing three links, and add up to five more, allowing for a total of eight. These do not have to contain links but can also display plain text provided that it will fit on each "tab," or can be left blank by replacing existing div content with &
The completed code for a blank or empty tag should look like this
Customizing Main LinkbarAdd your links to the main linkbar simply by clicking the "Layout" tab from the Blogger Dashboard, and then selecting "Page Elements." Click on the widget labeled "Linkbar," to add your links. If you do not want to use the linkbar, simply leave this widget empty.
Setting Up Calendar-Style Post DateHave no fear, I promise setting up the post date is easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. Go to Dashboard > Settings >Formatting. From the "Date Header Format" select "DD Month YYYY" style, (two digit day, name of month, four digit year with no commas) and then select "Save Settings." Presto, done!
Additional DetailsPosts published on the same day will display a blank post date because of the calendar style date set-up. At present there is no way around this, so remember to select a different date with the "Post Options," is publishing multiple posts on the same day. I have to do this myself with this blog actually.
If you do have access to your own image host, you might want to host the images at your own server. To do so download the images here and replace image URL's in the code with the corresponding URL's at your server. Images are also now included in the zip download for convenience. Feel free to contact me or leave a comment if you need assistance replacing the images.
What do you think about Pointe du Lac 2? If you need any assistance with this template, feel free to comment with your concerns as well. I hope you like it!