Hallmark aspects of the Lummoxie template are it's "liquid" layout, navigation utilizing Blogger's PageList widget, and a post summary option employing Blogger's "jump break," feature for starters. In addition, save for the (one) search box image, Lummoxie is an image-less template; all fonts and colors may be customized via the Template Designer
By Lauren Thompson
- 2 column liquid/fluid layout, all sections "widgetized" or "gadget-ready"
- 2 column footer, also gadget-ready/widgetized
- Optional and customizable menu/linkbar with "dynamic" highlighting of current page, utilizing Blogger's new PageList widget feature. Super easy to use and customize, details below.
- Supports Blogger Dashboard editing tools, easily change fonts and colors in practically all areas of the template via the "Template Designer," within the "Advanced" subcategory.
- Search box image included, it is stored in my photobucket.com account which allows generous direct linking bandwidth. However, users who have access to an image host are advised to upload it to their own server, as the bandwidth could potentially be exceeded in the future. (Image also included in the zip download for convenience.)
- Title setup optimized and corrected for better SEO.
- Wireframe setup for easy gadget/widget managing
- Embedded comment form below post
- Functional search box included
- Fancy fonts a la Google Font API
- Customized and easy to use "read more" feature using Blogger's "Page Break" feature
- "Calendar Style" post date
* Do not impose charges or a fee for these templates
* Do not add links and redistribute
* Modifications allowed so long as the link back is not removed
* Link to my template download posts, not my files to share
Top Navigation / PageList WidgetThe Page List Widget has been customized to fit the template and comprises the top navigational links. Page links will be automatically added, and other additional links can be added via the pages section of the Blogger dashboard.
Navigation offers "dynamic highlighting" of the current page, i.e. the current page is "highlighted" automatically.
Post Summary Option
No scripts are necessary in using the read more feature on this template, as it utilizes the in-place "jump break" feature in Blogger. Simply add a page break when and if you would like a post to be summarized.
Setting Up Calendar-Style Post DateThe correct Date Header format must be selected in order for the post date to display correctly. From the Dashboard > Settings > then Language and Formatting. From the "Date Header Format" select "DD Month YYYY" style, (two digit day, name of month, four digit year with no commas) and then select "Save Settings." Be sure that you select the format with no commas, or else it will not display correctly.
Posts published on the same day will display a blank post date (just an empty grey box) because of the calendar style date set-up. At present there is no way around this (that I know of), so remember to select a different date with the "Post Options," if publishing multiple posts on the same day. I have to do this myself with this blog actually.
Additional DetailsAt this time I am having difficulties with Bloggers post sharing buttons so they are turned off in the template, and it is advised that users have them "turned off" as well. I apologize for this, and I am working on it.
Please do feel free to share your thoughts on this template!
Haute Press Blogger TemplateFree Blogger Template: Lucky StarBrat Princess Blogger TemplateFree Blogger Template: HillPointe